Spaghetti and Meatballs


So this was my first attempt at meatballs and I was VERY HAPPY with the outcome!  I just picked a simple recipe for my first go at it.  As usual, I didn't exactly follow it to a T, but they turned out excellent anyways. 
This recipe also makes enough to freeze some for later which is always convenient for next time you want this dish.

Meatballs
Equal parts ground beef and ground pork (I used about a half kg of each)
1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/4 Cup Roughly Chopped Parsley
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (or more if you have it)
Salt
Pepper
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Chinese 5 Spice (optional)
3/4 Cup Water
1 T Olive Oil

If you mix all of that together, you should end up with something that looks like this.


Then use your hands to make your meatballs.  You can make them any size you want.  My boyfriend likes them bigger than I made them, but I find them hard to cook if they get too big.  So mine are about 1.5-2 inches across.  With that kind of sizing, I got 18 meatballs, so I cooked half and froze the other half for another day.


Then it's just a matter of browning the outside of the meatballs that you plan to eat tonight.  I like to put them into the sauce to finish cooking but if you prefer not to that is totally up to you.



Total cost for the 9 meatballs and spaghetti: $10

And that was enough for two peoples dinner and my lunch the next day!




Hi, We are templateify, we create best and free blogger templates for you all i hope you will like this blogify template we have put lot of effort on this template, Cheers, Follow us on: Facebook & Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment