Lemon Pepper Cod with Swiss Chard and Rice


So for the most part I ma completely against any kind of prepared food.  So call me a hypocrite if you wish, but these lemon pepper cod fillets are SO TASTY.(http://janesfamilyfoods.com/micro-seafood/product_lemon-pepper-cod.html) My only grievance with them is that they are a bit expensive ($10 for 6 fillets), but that is a problem with many prepared foods. However, they are really easy if you don't really want to have to monitor the food while it cooks.  That's why I usually make it with rice.  I can set a timer and have food ready in a half hour.  The only thing here that will require some monitoring is the swiss chard.  However, you don't have to make it with this dish I just really like swiss chard, and I usually cook the chard in a bit of vinegar which goes well with the fish. Chard also doesn't take very long to cook, maybe like 5 or 6 minutes.

The first thing that goes in is the cod.  So set a timer for 10 minutes after you put the fish in the oven, then start your rice.  (Follow rice instructions on Orange Chicken post)
In the last 5 or so minutes start your swiss chard.  You can make as much or as little as you want, just keep in mind it shrinks down A LOT. See the photos below



Once the chard reduces in size to a manageable amount, I like too add a bit of balsamic, red wine or apple cider vinegar.  It just depends what I have kicking around on what I end up putting in.

Then throw everything on a plate and you're done!

Total cost for 1 plate (includes 2 cod fillets): $6




Hi, We are templateify, we create best and free blogger templates for you all i hope you will like this blogify template we have put lot of effort on this template, Cheers, Follow us on: Facebook & Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment